- All My Relations, a film about the importance of cultural connections for Native American children. (44 min.).
- Are You Ready? This video will assist you to prepare your home and family for unexpected disasters. Take a few minutes out of your day to learn what you need to know to be ready. You will be glad you did! (3 min. 23 sec)
- Back on Track, a film for and about youth in care (34 min.).
- Behavioral Challenges in Foster Care with Gary Benton. Learn about handling challenging behaviors in children. (59 min.)
- Behavior Management ages 11-18 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) with Wendy Warman,MSW.) This video deals with behaviors of children experiencing emotional distress. (2 hrs 27 min.)
- Brain Development and Nurturing Children's Growing Minds (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4) with Victoria Tennant. Learn how the brain works and how you can enhance the growth of a young mind. (5 hrs 20 min.)
- Bright Futures in Preventative Mental Health (Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, Video 4) with Mickey Kander, MSW, MPH. This is a curriculum developed by the University of Washington to address the mental health of children in care. (4 videos, 3 hrs 38 min. total)
- Child Welfare 101. Learn more about the Court Dependency process as it functions in Pierce County, WA. (1 hr 12 min.).
- Clinical Issues for the Relative Caregiver with Dr. Joseph Crumbley. Dr. Crumbley is a noted expert in the field of Kinship Care. His valuable insights are delivered with compassion and humor. (2 hrs 4 min.)
- De-escalation Techniques in Foster Care with Gary Benton. In this workshop, Gary Benton helps us to develop skills to bring the tension down with children in care. (59 min.)
- The Dependency Court Process and the Role that Foster Parents Can Play. Getting ready for court can be a intimidating experience. Learn what is expected and the role you can play in the process. (1 hr 26 min.)
- Destination Graduation (Intro, Voices, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-10, Grades 11-12, Financial Support & Resources, Study Tips, Credits), a film about helping foster youth graduate from high school and getting into college. (8 videos, 1 hr total)
- Domestic Violence (Stairs, Father and Son, Wrong Way Around) - Learn about the effects of domestic violence on children.
- Educational Summit, Aberdeen WA, Fall '07 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7). Learn about the impact of Complex Trauma on the developing brain. Learn about strategies to help children overcome the impact of abuse and neglect on their education. Gain knowledge about laws that protect children in need of special help in the public school environment. (3 hrs 56 min)
- Effects of Multiple Placements on Youth in Care (Part 1, Part 2) with Dinah Martin, MSW Multiple placements can lead to a lack of bonding on the part of a child in that circumstance. Learn how to prevent multiple placements. (2 videos, 4 hours total)
Espanol en vivo
- Control de Conducta para Padres Temporales (1 hr 28 min.)
- Fire Safety for Young Children Seguridad de fuego para los niños pequeño (9 min.)
- Extreme behavior and associated mental health issues (Working with Extreme Behavioral and Mental Issues, ODD, CD, Mood Disorders) with Sharon Young, LMFT. This workshop will help you understand mental health issues that can impact youth. (4 videos, 3 hr 43 min. total)
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) and Fetal Alcohol Related Conditions (Session 1 part 1, Session 1 part 2, Session 1 part 3 | Session 2 part 1, Session 2 part 2, Session 2 part 3) with Carolyn Hartness and Julie Gelo. Learn how to structure your home to accommodate the needs of children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders. (4 hrs 30 min)
- Fire Safety for Young Children Learn how to keep young children safe in a fire with Ed Burgado (9 min). Part of keeping kids safe is making sure that they know what to do in a fire. This video should be viewed, not only by you, but by the children in your home. It could save their life! En Espanol
- Fostering Well-Being Program. Fostering Well-Being uses a person-centered health model to address the comprehensive healthcare needs of children in out-of-home placement. (Video - 14 min. 17 sec) Read the handouts: Fact Sheet | Care Coordination Unit Fact Sheet
- Giving Our Youth Wings to Fly with Robert Danzig. Mr. Danzig, retired CEO of the Hearst Corporation, talks with youth in care about succeeding in life. Mr. Danzig should know as he grew up in foster care and learned valuable lessons that helped him in his business and personal life. (55 min.)
- Helping Foster Youth Apply for Federal & State College Aid (28 min.)
- Important Issues in Indian Child Welfare. This is a panel discussion about the Indian Child Welfare Act and why it is important to our work with Native children. (1 hr)
- Journey Through the Healing Circle (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4) is a series of four videos for use in training for all caregivers of children who may have been exposed to alcohol during pregnancy. (2 hrs)
- Just Yell Fire is taking on a crisis social problem: violence and abuse against young women and girls. (1 hr)
- Keeping It Real. A film about the importance of cultural connections for African American children in non African American homes.
- Nak Nu We Sha Program, Yakama Nation. Reflect on the importance of foster homes within the Native community. (9 min.)
- No Excuse music video. Encourages youth being abused to stand up, don't be afraid, and get help. (2 min. 20 sec)
- Relative Placement Through DCFS. The best place for a child is with their family. This panel discussion touches on the benefits and challenges of parenting a grandchild or other relative. (44 min.)
- Success Stories of Youth in Care - See what a difference you can make in the life of a young person in out-of-home care. Children need to know that they can reach for the stars, regardless of their early life circumstances. Learn about four very resilient youth, who, with the support of mentors, have succeeded! (28 min.)
- Trauma and Children (Part 1, Part 2) with Ross Dawson, MSW and Dr. Harry Kramer. Learn about trauma and how it effects children, especially in the post 9/11 era. (1 hr 25 min.)
- We are GLBTQ. What you should know about the care and support of youth who are Gay, Lesbian, Transgender or questioning their sexual identify. (42 min) Download discussion guide (167 kb)
- Working with ADHD and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, Video 4) with Randi Hankins. Randi is a dynamic speaker who delivers information with humor and compassion to those dealing with ADHD and FASD. You will learn a great deal in this workshop on how to improve the environment for children with these issues. (4 videos, 5 hrs 5 min. total)
- Working with Children Exhibiting Physically Aggressive Behaviors (English, Spanish) - Learn what you need to know to help your child deal with physically acting out behavior and to create a safe and nurturing environment. (1 hr 11 min)
Download and print this PowerPoint as a reference tool
Parenting Physically Aggressive Children and Youth
- Working with Children Exhibiting Sexual Behavioral Problemsbr/>English, Spanish) - Learn what you need to know to create a safe and nurturing home for children who have displayed sexually acting out behavior (1 hr 13 min.)
Download and print this PowerPoint as a reference tool
Working with Children Exhibiting Sexual Behavior ProblemsTest your knowledge: After you watch the video, test your knowledge by taking this quiz.
- Working Effectively with Children of the Incarcerated, their Parents and Caregivers - Understand the particular needs of families with an incarcerated parent and learn effective practices working with these families and social service providers. (8 videos, 3 hrs total)