- Washington State ICW Training
Washington State ICW Training
This two-day training follows the flow of a Child Welfare case from beginning to end. The course explains how workers need to incorporate the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) into their casework, as well as walking participants through CA's revised ICW manual. Attendees will strengthen their foundational base in regards to the ICWA and learn about how changes in policy and procedure apply to the ICW practice in Washington State.
- Understand the historical significance of ICWA
- Learn how to submit inquiries to tribes to determine a child's Indian status
- Understand when a child may require a LICWAC staffing
- Understands the specific adoptions requirements for Indian children