- Fostering Together: A statewide organization that strives to increase the number of foster families across Western Washington, help families with the licensing process, and provide ongoing support to ensure their success.
- FosteringWA: A program of Eastern Washington University that seeks to adapt a successful foster parent peer mentoring program to meet the needs of Eastern Washington’s families.
- The Foster Parents Association of Washington State: FPAWS is a non-profit corporation chartered in 1973 that provides support and services to foster families throughout the State of Washington.
Resources for Becoming a Licensed Foster Parent
- Becoming a Foster Parent: The Department of Children, Youth, and Families' comprehensive collection of resources on becoming a licensed foster parent in WA state.
- Training Requirements: A list of trainings required to become a licensed foster parent.
- Caregiver Continuing Education courses by category: Licensed caregivers are required to complete continuing education per licensing standards. See which courses meet which categories to meet your training needs.
- Frequently Asked Questions: More helpful information on becoming a foster parent.
- Kinship Care Resources: Information for people caring for the child of a relative.
- Kinship Navigators and Support Groups: A directory of Kinship Navigators, Resource Persons, and Support Groups
- Foster Parenting and Kinship Care Newsletter: News, information and updates from DCYF.
- Caregiver Connection newsletter archive: Search by issue.