Alliance CaRES sits within the greater Alliance work and specifically targets supporting Washington state caregivers. The program offers support groups, resourcs and guidance at all stages of the caregiver journey. Click here for a one-page overview of the program — and feel free to download and share with your network!
- The Foster Parents Association of Washington State: FPAWS is a non-profit corporation chartered in 1973 that provides support and services to foster families throughout the state of Washington.
Resources for Becoming a Licensed Foster Parent
- Learn more about Caregiver Core Training Online: A guide to the Alliance's multisession eLearning course.
- Becoming a Foster Parent: The Department of Children, Youth, and Families' comprehensive collection of resources on becoming a licensed foster parent in WA state.
- Training Requirements: A list of trainings required to become a licensed foster parent.
- Online Support Group: Facilitated by Coordinated Care Washington, Inc., this group for adoptive, kinship and foster parents offers education and support. Six dates are scheduled.
- Caregiver Continuing Education courses by category: Licensed caregivers are required to complete continuing education per licensing standards. See which courses meet which categories to meet your training needs.
- Frequently Asked Questions: More helpful information on becoming a foster parent.
- Commonly Used DCYF Acronyms: A guide to help understand terms.
- Kinship Care Resources: Information for people caring for the child of a relative.
- Kinship Navigators and Support Groups: A directory of Kinship Navigators, Resource Persons, and Support Groups
- Foster Parenting and Kinship Care Newsletter: News, information and updates from DCYF.
- Caregiver Connection newsletter archive: Search by issue.