This training is designed for caregivers who are pursuing or considering adopting and have knowledge beyond the introductory level. The class will prepare you to recognize the issues related to trauma, grief, and loss for adopted children. Participants will leave with resources to guide them in connecting with supports within and outside the department to assist in the creation of an adoptive family that encourages individual and family wellbeing.
Following the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the adoption process and identify your ideals and goals as an adoptive parent
- Identify the impact of trauma, loss, and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) on brain development
- Identify behaviors that are trauma based
- Understand the various types of attachment and how to work with you and your child’s attachment style
- Understand the resources available to adoptive parents and how to access supports for your family
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by filling out this form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.