This 6 hour focused training for caregivers provides a foundation for understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and challenging or escalating behavior among children in out-of-home care. The training provides specific behavior management skills for caregivers to deescalate and manage behavior including trauma informed caregiving, authoritative parenting, therapeutic environments, engagement, and more.
This workshop will give caregivers practical tools to help manage behaviors such as:
- Oppositional defiance
- Property damage and juvenile delinquency
- Attention deficit hyperactivity
- Running away
- Power struggles and escalated tantrums
- Verbal and physical aggression
- If you are on the course information page, choose a class from the list below and click the Caregivers Register Here link.
- If you are on the class information page, review the Special Information section for guidance about the class, requirements, and how to receive help.
- Next, click the Register for this class button on the right or below. A website profile/account is required and you must be logged in first.
- A confirmation email will arrive sharing the class details from this page with you. The webinar URL is not included in this email. Learn more in FAQs.