The CPR/First Aid blended online course teaches solutions to a range of problems that can arise from minor everyday instances such as cuts and headaches to the more serious emergencies such as allergic reactions, heart attacks and strokes. This eLearning is the first of two parts needed for full certification and includes instruction in CPR, First Aid, and AED usage. The second step is an in-person skills assessment, which will become available when covid restrictions are lifted.
CPR and First Aid for Caregivers (eLearning) follows the latest American Heart Association and ECC/ILCOR guidelines and is nationally accredited.
- Go to this course page, if you are not already on it.
- Read the following statement to determine if you are allowed to take this course. Then click the checkbox following it. If you do not see the checkbox, click the link in #1 above.
I attest that I am pursuing caregiver licensing with the Washington state Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF), or am currently licensed as a DCYF caregiver, a respite provider, or am a family member of a foster family in the state of Washington.
- After agreeing with the above statement, click the Start Course button below to register and begin the training on a third-party website. If you do not see the button, click the link in #1 above.
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) is also required for new foster parents/caregivers that are seeking to be licensed. You can take that training here. If you have already started the BBP training on ProTrainings.com, then click the Start Course button above.
- If you have already started the CPR/First Aid course or coming back to retrieve your certificate of completion, you can click on the Start Course button above to return to the ProTrainings.com website where you can accomplish both actions.