This is Section 2 of the 3-hour in-service level training for Social Workers that explores the principles of child development across the age ranges of birth to three years, three to five years, five to 11 years, and 11 to 17 years. In each age range, factors that affect development across physical, social, emotional, cognitive and reproductive domains, as well as the developmental effects of abuse and neglect on those domains are examined through videos, worksheets, and case scenarios. Information is provided about services and resources to support Social Workers and children in care.
Participants can view and get credit for completion of all or only specific sections of the elearning:
- Section 1: Foundational Concepts of Child Development (30 minutes)
- Section 2: Birth to Three Years (60 minutes)
- Section 3: Three to Five Years (30 minutes)
- Section 4: Five to 11 Years (30 minutes)
- Section 5: 11 to 17 Years (30 minutes)
DCYF staff can register for Effects of Abuse and Neglect on Child Development: Birth to Three Years through the Washington State Learning Center (WSLC). For help with WSLC, please contact DCYF.LearningCenter@dcyf.wa.gov.
Other workforce members can click the button below to take the eLearning course. You will need to create a training profile account if you do not already have one Use this if you are CWTAP, Tribal Workers, Private Agency, and Judicial Personnel (incl. CASA/GAL). For help with this webform, please contact Alliance Support via email@example.com.
- Click on the blue "Go to eLearning" button below
- When the course page appears, click on the "Launch" button
For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.