This is Section 2 of the 3-hour in-service level training for Social Workers that explores the principles of child development across the age ranges of birth to three years, three to five years, five to 11 years, and 11 to 17 years. In each age range, factors that affect development across physical, social, emotional, cognitive and reproductive domains, as well as the developmental effects of abuse and neglect on those domains are examined through videos, worksheets, and case scenarios. Information is provided about services and resources to support Social Workers and children in care.
Participants can view and get credit for completion of all or only specific sections of the elearning:
- Section 1: Foundational Concepts of Child Development (30 minutes)
- Section 2: Birth to Three Years (60 minutes)
- Section 3: Three to Five Years (30 minutes)
- Section 4: Five to 11 Years (30 minutes)
- Section 5: 11 to 17 Years (30 minutes)
In the LMS, search for the course by typing (or copying) the full course name below. Click the Scheduled Classes button. Select the class that is best for you and follow the LMS registration instructions.
DCYF Alliance Effects of Abuse and Neglect on Child Development: Section 1
Tribal Workers, CWTAP Students, and new DCYF hires who don't have LMS access: Please register using this form https://allianceforchildwelfare.org/rct-registration-cwtap-students-and-tribal-workers
Maestro Course code: 110297
- Click on the blue "Go to eLearning" button below
- When the course page appears, click on the "Launch" button
For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.