Emotion Coaching is a research based method from the Talaris Institute and the Gottman Institute that gives caregivers a way to help children learn about emotions. Research shows that when caregivers value and guide emotions using this important method, children do better in many ways.
These children tend to:
- Form stronger friendships with peers
- Have higher self esteem
- Regulate their moods more easily
- Be more successful in their problem solving skills
- Bounce back from emotional events more quickly
- Get sick less often
Emotion Coaching helps prepare children from birth to 5 years old for the challenges they face throughout their lifetime. A child’s ability to delight in the happy times and recover from the bad ones is a key part of emotional health. By learning and practicing the 5 steps of Emotion Coaching, you can make an important investment in a child’s future.
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin
Caregiver Support and Information
Is this course eligible for STARS credit?:
Course Requires Coaching Session?:
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.