This online learning course will help you develop skills to support virtual family time. In this training you are provided with structured support, guidance and training to:
- Connect with the caseworker to prepare for remote supervised visits that will, to some extent, include both parent and foster/relative caregiver(s)
- Prepare the parent(s) for positive remote supervised visitation with their children
- Prepare the foster or relative caregiver(s) for how to support the child in their care in having positive remote supervised visitation with their parent(s)
- Hold a virtual Family Time Partnership meeting between the parent(s) and foster/relative caregiver(s) prior to supervised visits taking place to plan and prepare for virtual visits by getting to know one another, setting expectations and agreements and plan for and provide some structure for the remote visits
- Support the parent(s) and caregiver(s) in having positive and productive remote supervised visits and supervise the visits
- Create a plan to debrief one-on-one with the parent(s) and the caregiver(s) to celebrate success
In addition, two videos developed by Fostering Connections for Families will be shared that model a family time partnership meeting as well and an example of what a virtual family time could look like.
Family time/visitation providers and/or child welfare agency staff who are setting up and facilitating virtual family time.
For Workforce: Search for the course in LMS/Maestro using the following italicized text and clicking the Scheduled Classes button.
DCYF Alliance Family Time – Supportive Virtual Family Program and Training (eLearning)
All other learners: Click the registration button below to begin the eLearning course.