This online learning course will help you develop skills to support virtual family time. In this training you are provided with structured support, guidance and training to:
- Connect with the caseworker to prepare for remote supervised visits that will, to some extent, include both parent and foster/relative caregiver(s)
- Prepare the parent(s) for positive remote supervised visitation with their children
- Prepare the foster or relative caregiver(s) for how to support the child in their care in having positive remote supervised visitation with their parent(s)
- Hold a virtual Family Time Partnership meeting between the parent(s) and foster/relative caregiver(s) prior to supervised visits taking place to plan and prepare for virtual visits by getting to know one another, setting expectations and agreements and plan for and provide some structure for the remote visits
- Support the parent(s) and caregiver(s) in having positive and productive remote supervised visits and supervise the visits
- Create a plan to debrief one-on-one with the parent(s) and the caregiver(s) to celebrate success
In addition, two videos developed by Fostering Connections for Families will be shared that model a family time partnership meeting as well and an example of what a virtual family time could look like.
Family time/visitation providers and/or child welfare agency staff who are setting up and facilitating virtual family time.
DCYF staff can register for Family Time – Supportive Virtual Family Program and Training (eLearning) through the Washington State Learning Center (WSLC). For help with WSLC, please contact DCYF.LearningCenter@dcyf.wa.gov.
Other workforce members can click the button below to take the eLearning course. You will need to create a training profile account if you do not already have one. Use this if you are CWTAP, Tribal Workers, Private Agency, and Judicial Personnel (incl. CASA/GAL). For help with this webform, please contact Alliance Support via firstname.lastname@example.org.