In this 2 1/2 hour training, caregivers become effective educational advocates by learning how to navigate education systems, including steps to take to address a youth's suspected disabilities and the basics of establishing/maintaining positive school relationships.
Perhaps more than any other population, youth in foster care are in desperate need of high-quality public education. Unfortunately, most youth in foster care experience barriers that interfere with their ability to access that education. Youth in foster care often have unmet learning needs before coming into care and once in care they may experience frequent moves prompting school changes continuing to create barriers to accessing appropriate school services.
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by filling out this form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.