All children deserve the best start in life and new scientific discoveries deepen our understanding of how to create the best environments for children. The team at I-LABS creates new and effective ways to bridge the gap between the science and the practice of learning by disseminating the latest science of child development. Our team shares the latest scientific discoveries in relevant and actionable ways with those who can best put it into practice: early learning professionals, parents, and policymakers. Partners use cutting-edge research to create evidence-based policies, practices, and programs that grow the next generation of lifelong learners.
This hour long class covers the following points:
- School-readiness starts from birth. Early cognitive and social experiences play an important role in children’s early development.
- Children are particularly attuned to other people, and learn best from face-to-face interactions.
- Children are incredibly social. Using eye-gaze, pointing, infant-directed speech, and contingent actions can draw children’s attention to their environment and support learning.
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.