All children deserve the best start in life and new scientific discoveries deepen our understanding of how to create the best environments for children. The Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences at the University of Washington (I-LABS) is an interdisciplinary center dedicated to discovering the fundamental principles of human learning, with a special emphasis on early learning and brain development.
This hour long class covers the following points:
- Children take cues from other people to guide their emotions and behavior, especially in new situations (social referencing).
- Children even learn from interactions they’re not directly involved in – they pick up on emotional states of others just from watching and listening.
- In their second year of life, children begin managing their own emotions or behaviors (self-regulation), often using others’ reactions to guide their actions.
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.