All children deserve the best start in life and new scientific discoveries deepen our understanding of how to create the best environments for children. The team at I-LABS creates new and effective ways to bridge the gap between the science and the practice of learning by disseminating the latest science of child development. Our team shares the latest scientific discoveries in relevant and actionable ways with those who can best put it into practice: early learning professionals, parents, and policymakers. Partners use cutting-edge research to create evidence-based policies, practices, and programs that grow the next generation of lifelong learners.
This hour long class covers the following points:
- Race is meaningful in our social world and racism still exists today.
- Racism is like a conveyor belt and we are all on it. It is our responsibility to work actively to recognize and work against racism in our society. Otherwise we will continue to live as a member of a racist society.
- Kids are aware of race and observe and integrate ideas about race from those around them and reflect it in their own attitudes and behaviors.
- Kids form racial identities. They recognize that their race and racial group is part of who they are and how others see them.
- Research suggests that not talking about race with kids increases racist thinking and racism. Racial silence will never create racial equality, but talking about race can!
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.