All children deserve the best start in life and new scientific discoveries deepen our understanding of how to create the best environments for children. The team at I-LABS creates new and effective ways to bridge the gap between the science and the practice of learning by disseminating the latest science of child development. Our team shares the latest scientific discoveries in relevant and actionable ways with those who can best put it into practice: early learning professionals, parents, and policymakers. Partners use cutting-edge research to create evidence-based policies, practices, and programs that grow the next generation of lifelong learners.
This hour long class covers the following points:
- Literacy is an important part of daily life. It helps empower a child’s educational, societal, and civic development.
- The best curricula for teaching children how to read include explicit instruction in phonological awareness. Explicit classroom instruction is a key part that builds on a strong foundation of phonological awareness.
- Some children have difficulty learning to read. Research tells us that it is important to identify struggling readers early on, and to provide them with extra support before they fall behind their peers.
- Early intervention helps struggling children build foundational skills and improve their reading ability. Effective programs encompass the school, home, and community.
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by filling out this form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.