This 90-minute in-service level course will help caregivers identify and support youth who are at risk for or are being commercially sexually exploited. The training will provide a framework for understanding this issue that greatly impacts adolescents in the child welfare system, as well as for understanding the basic practices that support helping these youth reach positive outcomes.
- Know the legal definition of commercial sexual exploitation of children
- Understand how commercial sexual exploitation might happen to a youth
- Understand how experiencing commercial sexual exploitation may impact a youth
- Be able to spot signs that youth are at risk for becoming (or are) commercially sexually exploited
- Have strategies for caring for youth who are at risk for becoming (or have been) commercially sexually exploited
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin