If it’s been a while since you cared for an infant or if you’ve never cared for one before, this is the class for you. This 2.5 hour webinar provides the basic information you’ll need to care for babies ages birth to 12 months and keep them safe. You will practice identifying the infant behaviors that are the clue to understanding your baby’s needs. You will then apply this knowledge with some of the fundamental tasks of infant care (holding, feeding, diapering, sleep and medical care) while considering how trauma may impact how you provide care in these areas. Finally, you will learn about elements of infant safety, including safe sleep and the Period of Purple Crying.
- Under Classes Available below, click on the link/title of the dated class you are interested in.
- On the next page, enter your Username and Password. Then, click the Log In button if you are not already logged in.
- Next, click the large blue Register for this class button at the right.
- You are now registered! A confirmation email will be sent to you right away.
- For webinar classes, look for another email from the instructor one business day prior to the start of class.
For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing AllianceSupport@uw.edu.