This 3-hour in-service training for caregivers provides an introduction to the adoption process including the homestudy, adoption support, the legal process and steps to adoption. This training is open to all participants: those who have not taken Caregiver Core Training, those who have, and those who are using the training as a field placement. This training helps caregivers consider their decisions around public and private agencies and whether to foster to adopt or pursue adoption only. The focus of the training is understanding the process including the emotional impacts of commitment, changing your family, grieving and attachment.
The training will also give information about:
- open adoptions
- the placement process
- and more.
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.