Getting a new placement is a big transition, and there are many ways you can prepare for and navigate the process to make it as successful as possible for yourself, your family and the youth or child. This webinar addresses both the emotional elements to new placements and the practical details of requirements, paperwork, forms and expectations.
You will focus on four areas: Getting Ready; The First Day, Week and Month; Settling In; and Working With the System. You will share ideas with other participants around how to prepare for a new placement, including ways to make them feel comfortable and safety precautions to take. A big part of this training is understanding which forms you will receive and what they mean; what meetings, appointments or hearings you need to be aware of; and who the key players are during this time.
You will leave the training with an understanding of what is expected during the first 30 days of a new placement. You also will know how to access resources when you have questions – you will probably have many, but there is a great community of support available to you and the new child in your care.
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Login
- Under Classes Available below, find the training date you wish to attend and click on Caregivers Register Here
- For webinars, please make sure you register at least three days before the class date
- On the class page, click on the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- Be sure you read the Special Information before you register.
- The page will let you know that you are registered
- One day before the class, you will receive an email with the training link. Be sure to look in your Junk Mail, Deleted Items, Spam, and Clutter folders
- If you do not receive the email, the instructor's contact information is also in the Special Information.
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, please contact the Caregiver Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.