The CaRES team leads you through a reading and discussion of The Connected Child by Karyn Purvis.
The Connected Child lays out the foundational principles for Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI), a therapeutic model that trains caregivers to provide effective support and treatment for at-risk children.
We’ll dive into the meaning and topics of TBRI during the five weekly meetings, plus discuss new strategies for building connection and managing behaviors.
The series includes...
- The connection between what children have experienced, their struggle with difficult behaviors, and how we can move forward with connection.
- Providing structure and a nurturing environment for children, which includes disarming fear and providing felt safety.
- Nurturing while addressing challenging behaviors and strategies to make life easier during those challenges.
- Brain chemistry and impact of trauma on the brain.
- Addressing your own needs, healing, and self-care as caregivers.
- Under Classes Available below, click on the link/title of the dated class you are interested in.
- On the next page, enter your Username and Password. Then, click the Log In button if you are not already logged in.
- Next, click the large blue Register for this class button at the right.
- You are now registered! A confirmation email will be sent to you right away.
- For webinar classes, look for another email from the instructor one business day prior to the start of class.
For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing AllianceSupport@uw.edu.