As a caregiver the very best thing you can do for those who depend on you is to take care of yourself!
Caregivers are expected to welcome children who have been traumatized into their homes and invest emotionally and physically into the children. Caregivers are expected to separate gracefully when the time comes for the children to move on. The caregiver’s responsibilities and personal sacrifices in caring for someone else can be challenging for even the most experienced caregivers.
This 6 hour focused topic training for caregivers teaches how to reduce your stress, find more energy and improve your resilience while you care for difficult children and demanding expectations. The course includes opportunities for self-reflection and insight, short term goal setting and practical self-care and stress reduction techniques.
Luanne Hawley has been a licensed foster parent for 25 years, as well as a relative care provider and adoptive parent. She has been an advocate for Foster Parents and Care Providers having provided support services through the FIRST (Foster Intervention and Retention Support Team) program for many years.
- Under Classes Available below, click on the link/title of the dated class you are interested in.
- On the next page, enter your Username and Password. Then, click the Log In button if you are not already logged in.
- Next, click the large blue Register for this class button at the right.
- You are now registered! A confirmation email will be sent to you right away.
- For webinar classes, look for another email from the instructor one business day prior to the start of class.
For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing AllianceSupport@uw.edu.