As a caregiver the very best thing you can do for those who depend on you is to take care of yourself!
Caregivers are expected to welcome children who have been traumatized into their homes and invest emotionally and physically into the children. Caregivers are expected to separate gracefully when the time comes for the children to move on. The caregiver’s responsibilities and personal sacrifices in caring for someone else can be challenging for even the most experienced caregivers.
This 6 hour focused topic training for caregivers teaches how to reduce your stress, find more energy and improve your resilience while you care for difficult children and demanding expectations. The course includes opportunities for self-reflection and insight, short term goal setting and practical self-care and stress reduction techniques.
Luanne Hawley has been a licensed foster parent for 25 years, as well as a relative care provider and adoptive parent. She has been an advocate for Foster Parents and Care Providers having provided support services through the FIRST (Foster Intervention and Retention Support Team) program for many years.
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.