This 6-hour focused topic training for caregivers provides a foundation for understanding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The training develops caregivers’ understanding of the diagnosis (especially in those under 6 years of age) as well as covering Developmental Trauma Disorder for complex trauma events often experienced by youth in alternative care situations. Dissociation and hyper arousal behavior patterns are explored as protective responses to challenges in the environment and methods to reduce the impacts discussed. Strategies for healing and resolving trauma as caregivers are explored.
Randi Hankins, CSW, CMHS
Randi Hankins is an Associate Professor of Clinical Social Work in the Masters of Social Work program at Walla Walla College. She has worked in the community mental health system as a therapist and clinical director and has been a practicing County Designated Mental Health Professional for the past 28 years. She is a Certified Social Worker and is both a Child Mental Health Specialist and a Developmental Disabilities Mental Health Specialist. Her primary areas of clinical practice and expertise include sexually reactive children, adolescent disruptive behaviors, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention and suicide prevention.
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.