The purpose of this e-learning is to provide foundational information about what domestic violence is, and how it can affect child safety. This eLearning also highlights CA’s domestic violence policies and best practices, found in CA’s Social Worker’s Practice Guide to Domestic Violence. It’s recommended that staff complete this e-learning prior to attending “Domestic Violence and Child Welfare”.
In the LMS, search for the course by typing (or copying) the full course name below. Click the Scheduled Classes button. Select the class that is best for you and follow the LMS registration instructions.
DCYF Alliance Basics of Domestic Violence in Child Welfare (eLearning)
Tribal Workers, CWTAP Students, and new DCYF hires who don't have LMS access: Click the button below to get started. Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maestro Course Code: 110246
This 6 hour focused training for caregivers provides a foundation for understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and challenging or escalating behavior among children in out-of-home care. The training provides specific behavior management skills for caregivers to deescalate and manage behavior including trauma informed caregiving, authoritative parenting, therapeutic environments, engagement, and more.
This workshop will give caregivers practical tools to help manage behaviors such as:
- Oppositional defiance
- Property damage and juvenile delinquency
- Attention deficit hyperactivity
- Running away
- Power struggles and escalated tantrums
- Verbal and physical aggression
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.
Sep 1, 2020 5:30PM to 8:30PM
- Sep 2, 2020 5:30PM to 8:30PM
Sep 25, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Sep 26, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Oct 8, 2020 5:30PM to 8:30PM
- Oct 9, 2020 5:30PM to 8:30PM
Oct 22, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Oct 23, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Nov 19, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Nov 20, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Dec 10, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Dec 11, 2020 9:00AM to 12:00PM