The purpose of this e-learning is to provide foundational information about what domestic violence is, and how it can affect child safety. This eLearning also highlights Department of Children, Youth, and Families' domestic violence policies and best practices, found in Department of Children, Youth, and Families' Social Worker’s Practice Guide to Domestic Violence. It’s recommended that staff complete this e-learning prior to attending “Domestic Violence and Child Welfare.”
DCYF staff can register for Basics of Domestic Violence in Child Welfare (eLearning) through the Washington State Learning Center (WSLC). For help with WSLC, please contact DCYF.LearningCenter@dcyf.wa.gov.
Other workforce members can click the button below to take the eLearning course. You will need to create a training profile account if you do not already have one Use this if you are CWTAP, Tribal Workers, Private Agency, and Judicial Personnel (incl. CASA/GAL). For help with this webform, please contact Alliance Support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 6 hour focused training for caregivers provides a foundation for understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and challenging or escalating behavior among children in out-of-home care. The training provides specific behavior management skills for caregivers to deescalate and manage behavior including trauma informed caregiving, authoritative parenting, therapeutic environments, engagement, and more.
This workshop will give caregivers practical tools to help manage behaviors such as:
- Oppositional defiance
- Property damage and juvenile delinquency
- Attention deficit hyperactivity
- Running away
- Power struggles and escalated tantrums
- Verbal and physical aggression
- If you are on the course information page, choose a class from the list below and click the Caregivers Register Here link.
- If you are on the class information page, review the Special Information section for guidance about the class, requirements, and how to receive help.
- Next, click the Register for this class button on the right or below. A website profile/account is required and you must be logged in first.
- A confirmation email will arrive sharing the class details from this page with you. The webinar URL is not included in this email. Learn more in FAQs.
Sep 27, 2021 5:30PM to 8:30PM
- Sep 28, 2021 5:30PM to 8:30PM
Nov 8, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Nov 9, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Jan 31, 2022 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Feb 1, 2022 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Feb 28, 2022 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Mar 1, 2022 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Bloodborne Pathogens (eLearning)Course Info
Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Training is a mandatory training for all potential foster parents and respite providers in the State of Washington. This training will help you understand the risk anticipated by contact with blood and other potentially infectious materials as the result of caring for children. This class contains bloodborne pathogens training that is specific to non-healthcare related homes and workplaces.
Upon completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the characteristics of pathogens and the primary functions of our immune system.
- Identify the most common diseases caused by bloodborne pathogens and how they are transmitted.
- Differentiate the infection control principles and practices used against bloodborne pathogens.
- Implement procedures and precautions to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens in your home and in the community.
- Click on the blue button below to go to (or access) the eLearning.
- If you are not logged in, you will be taken to the login screen on your way to the course page.
- When the course page appears, click on the Launch Course button.
For assistance, please contact our support team at AllianceSupport@uw.edu.
Este eLearning le enseñará al participante los pasos para iniciar y monitorear los esfuerzos completados por la unidad de Búsqueda Relativa. Cuando un niño necesita cuidado fuera del hogar, el Departamento debe buscar activamente la colocación de niños con parientes. La unidad de búsqueda de parientes centralizada ayuda al personal a localizar e identificar a los familiares y esta capacitación ayudará al personal a aprender sobre el proceso, los formularios requeridos y cómo recopilar información detallada de FamLink.
This course is also available in English at https://allianceforchildwelfare.org/content/relative-search-caregivers-elearning
INSTRUCCIONES DE REGISTRO:
- Haga clic en el botón azul "Ir a eLearning" a continuación.
- Cuando aparezca la página del curso, haga clic en el botón "Iniciar"
- Para obtener ayuda con los perfiles o contraseñas, puede comunicarse con nuestro servicio de asistencia enviando un correo electrónico a email@example.com