The purpose of this e-learning is to provide foundational information about what domestic violence is, and how it can affect child safety. This eLearning also highlights Department of Children, Youth, and Families' domestic violence policies and best practices, found in Department of Children, Youth, and Families' Social Worker’s Practice Guide to Domestic Violence. It’s recommended that staff complete this e-learning prior to attending “Domestic Violence and Child Welfare.”
DCYF staff can register for Basics of Domestic Violence in Child Welfare (eLearning) through the Washington State Learning Center (WSLC). For help with WSLC, please contact DCYF.LearningCenter@dcyf.wa.gov.
Other workforce members can click the button below to take the eLearning course. You will need to create a training profile account if you do not already have one. Use this if you are CWTAP, Tribal Workers, Private Agency, and Judicial Personnel (incl. CASA/GAL). For help with this webform, please contact Alliance Support via email@example.com.
This 6 hour focused training for caregivers provides a foundation for understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and challenging or escalating behavior among children in out-of-home care. The training provides specific behavior management skills for caregivers to deescalate and manage behavior including trauma informed caregiving, authoritative parenting, therapeutic environments, engagement, and more.
This workshop will give caregivers practical tools to help manage behaviors such as:
- Oppositional defiance
- Property damage and juvenile delinquency
- Attention deficit hyperactivity
- Running away
- Power struggles and escalated tantrums
- Verbal and physical aggression
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mar 29, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Mar 30, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Apr 19, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Apr 20, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
May 3, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- May 4, 2021 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Jun 14, 2021 5:30PM to 8:30PM
- Jun 15, 2021 5:30PM to 8:30PM