This training helps social workers understand the legal requirements that must be met in order for a court to terminate a parents’ rights to their children. Social workers also learn to separate myths from facts in the area of termination and regarding their role in preparing and submitting a termination referral to their local Assistant Attorney General or other legal representative. A score of 80% is required to complete this course.
DCYF staff can register for Keys to a Successful Termination Referral (eLearning) through the Washington State Learning Center (WSLC). For help with WSLC, please contact DCYF.LearningCenter@dcyf.wa.gov.
Other workforce members can click the button below to take the eLearning course. You will need to create a training profile account if you do not already have one Use this if you are CWTAP, Tribal Workers, Private Agency, and Judicial Personnel (incl. CASA/GAL). For help with this webform, please contact Alliance Support via email@example.com.
The financial, legal, and emotional issues of raising a relative’s child can be challenging. Services and support when raising a relative’s child can be a lifesaver. Kinship caregiving in all of its forms is becoming increasingly common. Recent WA State child welfare data (Partners for Our Children-1/1/2015) show that 41 percent of children in out of home care are living with a relative. Many more children are living with relatives or other close family friends informally, without the ongoing supervision of the state’s foster care system.
Often kinship caregivers do not access the benefits which are available to them. This class will address the issues that Kinship Caregivers struggle with most:
- Financial Needs
- Legal Challenges
- Navigating public service systems
- Needing more social services
- Information about resources/caregiving
This 90 minute webinar is designed for licensed and unlicensed caregivers caring for children currently or previously involved in the dependency system. Caregiver Core Training (CCT) is not a prerequisite. However, this course is supplemental to CCT for kinship caregivers, and can be a field experience during CCT.
- Under Classes Available below, click on the link/title of the dated class you are interested in.
- On the next page, enter your Username and Password. Then, click the Log In button if you are not already logged in.
- Next, click the large blue Register for this class button at the right.
- You are now registered! A confirmation email will be sent to you right away.
- For webinar classes, look for another email from the instructor one business day prior to the start of class.
For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing AllianceSupport@uw.edu.
- Jan 5, 2022 9:00AM to 10:30AM
- Feb 17, 2022 6:00PM to 7:30PM