The Alliance unites the resources of five organizations committed to improving child welfare in Washington State.
- University of Washington School of Social Work
- Eastern Washington University
- UW | Tacoma Social Work and Criminal Justice
- Partners for Our Children
- Department of Children, Youth, and Families
This ground-breaking collaboration is comprised of three higher-education institutions—University of Washington, University of Washington Tacoma and Eastern Washington University—as well as the state's Department of Children, Youth, and Families and Partners for Our Children, a policy and analysis group.
By sharing curricula, delivery methods and evaluation tools, the Alliance will strengthen the professional expertise of social workers and community providers statewide, enhance the caregiving skills of foster and adoptive parents and relative caregivers, and ensure a more coherent and comprehensive approach to social work education and training.