Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Training is a mandatory training for all potential foster parents and respite providers in the State of Washington. This training will help you understand the risk anticipated by contact with blood and other potentially infectious materials as the result of caring for children. This class contains bloodborne pathogens training that is specific to non-healthcare related homes and workplaces.
Upon completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the characteristics of pathogens and the primary functions of our immune system.
- Identify the most common diseases caused by bloodborne pathogens and how they are transmitted.
- Differentiate the infection control principles and practices used against bloodborne pathogens.
- Implement procedures and precautions to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens in your home and in the community.
This course and the CPR and First Aid for Caregivers (eLearning) course are required for first-time licensed caregivers, their family members and respite providers.
- Click on the blue button below to go to (or access) the eLearning.
- If you are not logged in, you will be taken to the login screen on your way to the course page.
- When the course page appears, click on the Launch Course button.
For assistance, please contact our support team at AllianceSupport@uw.edu.