Supervisors, Program Managers, and Quality Practice Specialists need to achieve competency in understanding the child welfare practice as well as in the higher levels of systems management. This course provides Supervisors and Program Managers with an introduction of baseline competencies for middle managers in public child welfare, and opportunities to develop and practice new skills regarding these competencies. Managing self, managing others, managing systems and managing outward are the four main themes integrated throughout this course.
- Day 1: Foundations for Managers in Child Welfare
- Day 2: Effective Relationships as a Manager
- Day 3: Strategies for Effective Organizational Communication
- Day 4: Growing and Sustaining Effective Internal and External Teams
- Day 5: Essentials for Resource Management
- Day 6: Strategic Thinking and Planning Tools for the Manager