- Monday July 12, 2021 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM
- Monday July 19, 2021 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM
- Monday July 26, 2021 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM
- Monday August 02, 2021 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM
- Under Select Your Class below, click on the Classes Available button
- Find the training you wish to attend and click Register Now
- If you are not already logged in (profile required), enter your Username and Password and click Log In
- Click the large blue Register for this class button at the right
- You are now registered! You will receive an email with details about the training
- For assistance with profiles or passwords, you may contact our Help Desk by emailing email@example.com.
Join us for Book Club! The CaRES team leads you through a reading and discussion of The Connected Parent by Karyn Purvis and Lisa Qualls
Please acquire the book, "The Connected Parent" by Karyn Purvis and Lisa Qualls, and read the Introduction and Part 1 prior to the first discussion. The book can be found on Amazon and many local retailers.
The Connected Parent will help you lovingly guide your children and bring renewed hope and restoration to your family.
We’ll dive into the meaning and topics of TBRI during the four weekly meetings, plus discuss new strategies for building connection and managing behaviors.
The series includes...
- The connection between what children have experienced, their struggle with difficult behaviors, and how we can move forward with connection.
- Providing structure and a nurturing environment for children, which includes disarming fear and providing felt safety.
- Nurturing while addressing challenging behaviors and strategies to make life easier during those challenges.
- Brain chemistry and impact of trauma on the brain.
- Addressing your own needs, healing, and self-care as caregivers.
8 hours of training credit will be awarded to those who complete all 4 sessions of the book club.
The day before the scheduled event, you will receive an email with the link to join the book club. This book club will be held on the zoom platform.
We look forward to having you join us!
If you have questions about the book club or technical issues logging onto the event please contact one of the facilitators:
Stephanie Rodrigues – firstname.lastname@example.org – 360-528-7081
Penny Michel - email@example.com -360-359-8322
Registration is required. Need help? Email AllianceSupport@uw.edu
Please include your name, phone number or email, and the course title in your request for assistance.
Inscribirse para asistir a la clase es necesario. Si necesita ayuda favor mandar un correo electrónico a AllianceSupport@uw.edu
Por favor incluya su nombre, número de teléfono o dirección de su correo electrónico y agregue el nombre de la clase por la que está solicitando ayuda.