In partnership with
The University of Washington READi Lab focuses on conducting research related to early identification and intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), which is also referred to as autism. Their work is important because early intervention and detection can change the lives of those impacted by autism.
The Alliance for Child Welfare Excellence is excited to partner with The University of Washington READi Lab to offer the training DVD” to caregivers for training credit.
The training focuses on “caregivers of newly diagnosed children, and provides helpful tips and strategies for the journey that lies ahead.” “This DVD was developed by the READi Lab, in collaboration with Seattle Children’s Autism Center, and was produced by Gigantic Planet. Many families and professionals contributed to its development….”
This course includes five chapters; is available in English, and with Spanish subtitles:
Chapter One: Understanding the Diagnosis (Approximately 12 minutes)
Chapter Two: Voices of Experience: Caring for Yourself and Your Family (Approximately 10 minutes)
Chapter Three: Finding Help for Your Child - Provides Washington State Resource Information (Approximately 11 minutes)
Chapter Four: Setting Up a Treatment Program (Approximately 22 minutes)
Chapter Five: Voices of Experience: The Long View (Approximately 6 minutes)
How to complete this training Online:
Step 1 – Choose the chapter you want to take from the image links below.
Step 2 – Click on the chapter, which will take you to the READi Lab site to complete the training.
Step 3 – When the training is complete return here and click the banner below to complete your certificate.
READi Lab Online Training Chapters
Click any chapter title to begin.
With Spanish Subtitles:
- Capítulo uno: Comprensión del diagnóstico (aproximadamente 12 minutos)
- Capítulo dos: Voces de la experiencia: el cuidado de sí mismo y de su familia (aproximadamente 10 minutos)
- Capítulo tres: Cómo encontrar ayuda para su hijo: proporciona información sobre los recursos del estado de Washington (aproximadamente 11 minutos)
- Capítulo cuatro: Configuración de un programa de tratamiento (aproximadamente 22 minutos)
- Capítulo cinco: Voces de la experiencia: la visión a largo plazo (aproximadamente 6 minutos)